August 22, 2011

Thirst No. 4 by Christopher Pike

The Shadow of Death (Last Vampire: Thirst #4) Thirst No. 4 by Christopher Pike

Published August 9, 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

Paperback: 496 pages

Book Number Four in the Last Vampire: Thirst Omnibus Series

Once again, I have returned to life, but it is a suddenly lonely world.


Alisa is a five-thousand-year-old vampire, stronger and more cunning than her adversaries. But now she's trapped in the body of a newborn vampire and at the mercy of a terrible thirst. Worst of all, she's facing enemies whose fierce desire for domination grows ever stronger.
The immortal race the Telar is threatening to release a virus to decimate humanity. But Alisa and her friends can't take down the Telar on their own, and they must turn to the mysterious organization the IIC for help. But the IIC has secrets of it's own and may have ulterior moves.
With two rivals and no one to trust, Alisa must rely on her dark side to defeat them. But it could cost her life, or her soul...


I can't even begin to explain how much I loved this.


This series is definitely one of my favorites. I love Christopher Pike's writing style and how clear it is that he puts a ton of effort and research into his books. I also love how this book isn't only about vampires; there's science, psychology, myths, religion, history, weaponry, and so much more. I just don't even know how I can possibly tell you how much I love this series. This review might end up being me screaming because that is all I know how to do.

I love the characters. I love the scenes. I love the descriptions. I love the action. I love the supernatural stuff. I love how these book are always only in paperback form. I LOVE IT ALL. The only thing I don't love is how they say her name is Alisa on the back cover. Her name is Sita! Sita!


There were so many billion crazy amazing shocking dhfiaosdohweiblnqio AHHHHHHHH twists. Like really, seriously, it was ridiculous. You can't deny that this series went out with a bang. A big, explosive bang.


Also, I really love Sita. She's such a tough, heartfelt bad-ass that I could die. Really, I could.


When I fished this book, there was an enormous grin on my face. Christopher Pike did an awesome job ending the book and the series. It must have been pretty tricky figuring out how to end a series about a vampire who has lived basically forever and has almost died a million times. But, obviously, the man pulled it off because he is a genius.

If you haven't read this series, READ IT AND YOUR LIFE WILL BE COMPLETE AND YOU WILL BE SO MUCH SMARTER. I. Love. It. So. Flippin'. Much.

Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment