September 20, 2011

Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

Published April 5, 2011

Paperback: 336 pages

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, Will Grayson crosses paths with . . . Will Grayson. Two teens with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, and culminating in epic turns-of-heart and the most fabulous musical ever to grace the high school stage. Told in alternating voices from two YA superstars, this collaborative novel features a double helping of the heart and humor that have won them both legions of fans.

I thought that Will Grayson, Will Grayson was a really good book that made me want to laugh, cry, and gush over the Pure Awesome.

The first Will (by John Green) was a very real, funny, and slightly- I don't want to say "dark" because that's not what he was; he was kind of pessimistic and gray. I loved Tiny and Jane. They were the perfect "sidekicks" and they added a whole different element to the book. I also really really really love how John Green writes. All of his books rock.

The second Will (by David Levithan) was a wonderfully dark and funny character. I completely liked how everything wasn't capitalized; it really showed his outlook on life. His depression was like a partially smoothed piece of glass. On some edges, it's really rough, and on others, the roughness has been smoothed down. I haven't ever read any of David Levithan's books, but I will definitely look into those.

I loved how everything blended; it was just so perfect. The story was unexpected and just amazing. And even though he only made a brief appearance, can I just say that I am in love with the Gay God. He was perfect.

Spoiler (skip if you want)- I CANNOT BELIEVE how Maura pretended to be Isaac even though she knew it would crush him!!!!! She's just so ridiculous. AH.

Five Stars

P.S. If you're confused as to why I reviewed a book that was published so "long" ago, I've decided to start reviewing Oldies. Not all of the best books in the world are brand new, and I don't want anyone to miss out on the MAGIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment